Saturday, April 2, 2011

Another Boring Flight to Allos

I had a really nice flight today, over the mountains to Allos. Allos is a bit of a dead end - you can fly further, but then the retrieve gets really awkward, because the Col d'Allos is closed (and will be for another 6 weeks, until the snow melts). So I was a wimp and landed at Allos, happy with my day.

While I'd like to tell you how difficult the flying was, that would be an exaggeration. Within 5 minutes of taking off I had 500m of terrain clearance, and I kept at least that until I landed 1hr 35 minutes later. Take-off was busy (the first time this year I've seen a lot of pilots). The cycles were pretty strong, and a few struggled with the launch conditions, but everyone made it into the air safely.

Pics and tracklog

No comments:

Post a Comment