Friday, January 29, 2010

Winter Flights

I've been getting out and staying active, but mostly it has been hiking. Sometimes I've managed a hike and fly (e.g. http://picasaweb.google.com/DMMullin/Bingen16Jan#) but usually the wing has stayed in the car or at home.

Today I had a couple of soaring flights at Eagle Caves. For the first flight, I flew with Todd, Jason, Jim and CB in strong conditions on my normal wing; easy to stay up but just ridge soaring, carefully monitoring penetration - not really my thing.

Everyone headed home after that, but I went back up with my speedwing. The wind was a little stronger (I wouldn't have flown my normal wing). But things were much more satisfying with a faster wing; I didn't get as high (around 200 ft over instead of 500ft over) but I could zip around and concentrate on my flying rather than look at my GPS.


No comments:

Post a Comment