The flying forecast looked really good for Friday and not so good for Sunday - a good reason to exchange some Friday flying for Sunday working. I was a little late setting off and I could see wings in the air as I hiked up; it was obviously pretty strong and I saw a couple of substantial collapses - always thought provoking. By the time I reached launch everyone had either landed or headed off. Conditions were a little gusty on launch; the clocks have not changed yet in France and I realized - in solar time - I was a bit late to be launching.
Once in the air, though, conditions were lovely; strong, but smooth (by St Andre standards, anyway). There were enough clouds to help mark the lift, but not so many to be threatening. It was cold, and I knew the batteries in my gloves would give up after 2 hours, so I didn't commit to any long distances.
After flying for an hour and a bit I had a choice whether to head back to St Andre or to fly deeper into the mountains. I decided to keep flying North, and followed the Verdon up to Allos, landing just after my glove batteries ran out. A local gave me a lift to Colmars and I took the bus back to St Andre (all of 3 Euros). It's just great to be able to have such good flights in March, but a little frustrating to land because of the cold.