Wednesday, March 7, 2012

An Inconvenient Forecast

I've got a cold, my cleaner will be kicking me out my house at 10 am, I've got tons of work and I have solid afternoon meetings from 3.00pm. And then there's a great forecast for flying… Couldn't this happen some other day?

I couldn't ignore it and worked out I should be able to fly for an hour and make my meetings. Conditions were very, very good; as always, when it's good at this time of year, it was also bloody cold. Given my time constraints, I couldn't go anywhere and reluctantly headed to La Mure to land at the appointed hour. Low down, I got some nice lift; it was so gentle and pleasant, I couldn't resist turning in it and climbing back up 200m or so, wasting another 10 minutes or so.

Back in "the real world" I've done my meetings, my cold seems much worse thanks to my day out but I'm glad I didn't ignore the great forecast. I just hope I can ditch the cold for the weekend. The tracklog.

No comments:

Post a Comment