Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Europeans


There are flying comps - paragliding or hang-gliding - every year in St Andre. This year it's the turn of the European Paragliding Championships for the first two weeks of September. 

I've been worried that the poor flying season would continue into the competition and, so far, I'm afraid it has. The first three days were cancelled; the weather wasn't terrible and there was flying to be had, but not enough time to safely run a task. Things looked similar today, but fortunately they managed to get a task in. I was working and went to make myself a cup of tea, when I looked out my window and saw about 60 gliders all coming into goal. I'm glad they've got started, and I hope the weather improves for them. I'm afraid I forgot to take some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment