Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back to Laragne

Laragne is a favorite flying area in France for me and I intend to fly here for a couple of weeks. I'm staying with David and Rachael at Allez-up; they do a good job with weather forecasts and retrieve logistics and generally take the hassle out of flying. This week there is an informal XC course organized, and I've joined in that.

Today we had hopen to head up north towards Grenoble but the wind turned out to be more from the west and made that more difficult. The flying was also influenced by some worrying clouds; twice I went well off course to avoid them. The other pilots ended up heading more to the East (towards Aspres or Veynes); I managed to stick to the route but failed to get over the last ridge to get into the valley leading to Grenoble. I ended up dead ending in a valley below the Col de Cabre (not high enough to cross the col) but I really enjoyed my flight.

Tracklog -> http://www.paraglidingforum.com/leonardo/flight/254567

Pics -> http://picasaweb.google.com/DMMullin/Laragne23August#

No comments:

Post a Comment