Friday, May 14, 2010

Heading back .... and better weather arrives

The poor weather has continued through the spring. I have had quite a few flights, but almost all have been in poor weather, where you are looking for enough lift to stay up, but not so much lift that you get sucked into clouds. The margins have always been a little tight (e.g. cloudbase a few hundred feet over launch) and you find yourself transitioning from looking for lift to fighting it very quickly.

I will be heading back to the States tomorrow (Saturday) and (predictably enough) the weather is improving. Yesterday didn't rain and it started beautifully. I decided to go on a bike ride and met up with Ray; as I was waiting for him to get ready huge clouds were building in the sky. I thought we would be struggling to finish our ride before the rain arrived, but it never quite overdeveloped and the day stayed dry.

Today, I intend to drive up most of the way to Paris  and just relax. It looks like a beautiful day for a drive / hike / flight / bike ride - I just wish there had been a few more of them over the last few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment