Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Flight of the Year

I spent the last few days in London as a tourist and got back to St Andre late on the 30th. This gave me time to get a last flight of the year; and it was a very simple, standard hike and fly. I landed in the normal St Andre LZ; the last few times I landed there, it was covered in snow. The snow has melted and I hadn't realized that this had left the LZ very, very muddy. By the time I walked off the LZ, my boots weighed about 5 Kgs each!

At this time of year, you always think back to the years flying (and the year generally). I no longer keep a careful log of my flights, but I posted 52 hours on Leonardo, so I'm going to guesstimate I had about 80 hours in total. I was a bit disappointed in how little flying I got in during the spring (due to work demands and poor conditions) but apart from that, I feel I've had a great year. Some fabulous flights without any incidents at all (no collapses, no bad launches, no bad landings, no dramas at all). In fact, landing in a muddy LZ was as bad as it got!

Let's hope for the same in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment