Sunday, May 8, 2011

No Fly Weekend...

I'm sure I've had some a no-fly weekend in St Andre this year, but I can't actually recall one. I've been away a few weekends and didn't fly then, but I think this is the first I've been here and didn't fly. Both days were flyable but only just.

Saturday looked marginal for flying and I decided it was better to hike (see pics). Today had a better forecast; some showed it pretty good, most suggested it would be windy. I won't be flying next weekend (I'll be in Scotland), so I decided it was worth a go. For once, I got to launch early. But then I spent too long chatting,  then helping a pilot struggling to launch, and then - in the space of a few minutes - it was blown out.

A couple of pilots still launched, but almost everyone packed up their wings and headed down the hill. I got back home just in time to watch the Grand Prix.

No comments:

Post a Comment