Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Triangle

Because of my son's visit, I hadn't flown for two weeks and was very keen to fly. The forecasts were good but not stellar. By the time I got up the hill, I found a lot of grumpy pilots on the S launch. It was a long time before anyone got above launch, but pretty much from then on it was working.

In the air, the meteo wind was roughly SE, so I took advantage of this and flew over some seldom flown, lower, rounder mountains out to the W. After a while, I got high over the Sommet de la Sapee and looped back to St Andre in a triangle and then did a couple of out and back ridge runs before landing in St Andre just short of 4 hours. 

Conditions improved as the day went on and I could easily have flown for another couple of hours, but I'd had my fix. I didn't go very far but it's always satisfying to land back in St Andre after a long flight.   

No comments:

Post a Comment