Monday, August 5, 2013

A hot dry spell

A student gets ready; in
the background the approaching
valley wind can be seen on the lake

The last few days have been pretty hot and I've been out in the sun a lot (flying, cycling, hiking and, worst of all, some parawaiting). I felt pretty bushed this morning and I normally don't fly when I feel tired or not very keen. Maybe my brain has been fried, but I decided flying at least isn't physically very tiring and I'd be cooler 'up there' rather than 'down here'. 

Dressed in minimal layers, I flew for nearly 3 hours, not going any further than Tartonne, and getting back to St Andre via a little transition I hadn't done before. I headed to La Mure to land (it's a safer LZ) and dropped in to see Ray. He was headed for a swim but served me a beer before dropping me off at my house first - what service!

It's due to cool down in a couple of days. In the meantime I'm looking forward to working in the cool indoors tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment